Privacy notice (GDPR)
Welcome to our website!
We take the protection of your data and privacy extremely seriously. For this reason, we provide the following notice to inform you about the collection and use of personal data when you use our website(s). The GDPR requires us as of 25 May 2018 to give you even more thorough information about the protection of your data and, furthermore, the legal background for it, which we are happy to do as part of the following notice.
1. Information about the collection of personal data.
(1) In the following notice, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data that concerns you personally, e.g. your name, address, email addresses and usage patterns.
(2) The data controller for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) art. 4(7) is:
Cuvee Sensorium GmbH
112 Avenue Kleber, 75116 Paris,
Deutschland - Germany
Phone: +33 6 37 61 32 69
Managing Director: Philippe Bienvenu / Michael Weimann
VAT identification no.: DE
(3) When you contact us by email or using our contact form, we store the data you share with us (your email address and potentially your name and phone number) so that we can answer your questions. We erase the data acquired in this context once we are no longer required to store it or we restrict its processing if the law obliges us to retain it.
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for certain functions of our offering or would like to use your data for marketing purposes, we will inform you about the respective processes in line with the details below. We will also provide the specified criteria for retention periods where they are applicable.
2. Your rights (rights of the data subject, right to object)
(1) When it comes to us and our processing of personal data concerning you, you have the following rights:
– Right to information and access – Right to rectification or erasure – Right to restriction of processing – Right to data portability – Right to object to processing
In detail: • According to GDPR art. 15, you have the right to request access to and information about the personal data concerning you that we process. In particular, you can request information about the purposes for processing, category of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data was/is disclosed, planned retention period, existence of rights to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, existence of a right to complain, origin of the data if it was not collected by us and existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and in that case meaningful information about those specific processes.
• According to GDPR art. 16, you have the right to request prompt rectification of your incorrect or incomplete personal data that is stored by us. According to GDPR art. 17, you have the right to request erasure of your personal data that is stored by us if its processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, compliance with a legal obligation, reasons of public interest or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• According to GDPR art. 18, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have objected to processing pursuant to GDPR art. 21.
• According to GDPR art. 20, you have the right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit that data to another controller.
• In accordance with GDPR art. 7(3), you have the right at any time to withdraw the consent you have previously given to us. This will mean that we will in the future not be permitted to continue processing the data for which the consent was granted.
• If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests as defined in GDPR art. 6(1)(f), GDPR art. 21 provides you the right to object to the processing of your personal data if your particular situation gives you the grounds to do so or if you are objecting to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object with which we will comply without you needing to provide a description of any special situation. If you would like to utilise your right to withdraw consent or to object, an email to the following address will be sufficient (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(2) Additionally, GDPR art. 77 gives you the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with an authority supervising data protection compliance. Generally you can contact the supervisory authority with jurisdiction over your habitual residence or place of work or over our company’s registered office.
3. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website purely for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not register yourself or convey information to us in some other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data which is technologically required to display our website to you and assure its stability and security (the legal grounds for this are provided in GDPR art. 6(1)(f)):
– IP address – Date and time of request – Time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) – Content of the request (specific site) – Access status/HTTP status code – Volume of data transmitted each time – Website from which the request is coming – Browser – Operating system and its interface – Browser software language and version
(2) Cookies are stored on your computer in addition to the aforementioned data when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to the browser you use and are stored on your hard drive so that the entity storing the cookie (which in this case is us) has access to certain information. Cookies are not able to launch programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make our overall online offering more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, with the scope and functionality of each being explained further below: – Transient cookies (see b) – Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies include session cookies. They save a session ID that can be used to match different requests from your browser to the same session. This enables your computer to be reidentified when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a given length of time that varies depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time using your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you desire, for example, to have your browser accept third-party cookies or reject all cookies. Do be aware that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not captured by your browser but rather your Flash plug-in. Moreover, we partly use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you use and do not have an expiry date. If you would not like Flash cookies to be used, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. ‘Better Privacy’ for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent HTML5 storage objects from being used by changing your browser to private mode. We also recommend that you regularly erase your cookies and browser history manually.
(4) Server log files
The provider of this website automatically gathers and saves information in server log files that your browser automatically transfers to us. This includes: • browser type/version • operating system • referrer URL • referrer host name • time of server request
(5) Google Maps
(5.1)We make partial use of the Google Maps feature on this website. This enables us to display interactive maps to you directly on our website, which allows convenient use of the Maps function for you.
(5.2) By visiting our website, Google receives information that you have visited the corresponding page on our website. Additionally, the data listed in Paragraph 3.3 and 5.3 of this notice is transferred to Google. This occurs irrespective of whether Google supplies an account through which you have logged in or whether there is no account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be matched with your account directly. If you do not want your data to be matched with your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data in usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of marketing, market research and/or designing its website specific to user needs. In particular, data is analysed to provide advertising targeted to user needs (even for users not logged in) and to inform other users of the social network about your activity on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such usage profiles, though you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(5. 3) You will find additional information about the purpose and extent of the plug-in provider’s data collection and processing in the provider’s privacy policies. There you can also find additional information about your rights relating to it and options for changing settings to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your data in the United States and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(7) Use of Google Analytics
((2)) Google does not keep the IP address transmitted from your browser through the Google Analytics service with other data.
((3)) You can prevent cookies from being stored by activating the corresponding settings in your browser software, though be aware that you may not be able to use the complete functionality of this website in this case. Furthermore, you can prevent the data that is generated by the cookie and that relates to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being stored and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available over the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
((4)) This website uses Google Analytics with the ‘_anonymizeIp()’ extension. This means that IP addresses are abbreviated before they are further processed, thereby ruling out the ability to be drawn back to a specific person. Therefore if the data collected from you has any personal references, it will be immediately blocked and the personal data promptly deleted.
((5)) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to be able to regularly improve it. Using the acquired statistics, we can improve our offering and make it more appealing for you as a user. For exceptional cases where personal data is transferred to the United States, be advised that Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield framework, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal grounds for our use of Google Analytics are provided in GDPR art. 6(1)(f).2
(8) Use of the Google ‘+1’ button
(9)Verwendung Squarespace Analytics
Auf unseren Internetseiten sind Funktionen des Dienstes Squarespace Analytics eingebunden. Diese Funktionen werden angeboten durch
Squarespace, Inc. (www.squarespace.com). Squarespace erfüllt das EU-US Privacy Shield (EU-US-Datenschutzschild), siehe hier www.privacyshield.gov/list
Squarespace Analytics verwendet sogenannte "Cookies". Mehr Über Squarespace Cookies: https://www.squarespace.com/cookie-policy. Hier können Sie erfahren, welche Cookies Squarespace verwendet: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001264507
Die durch Cookies erzeugten Informationen über Ihre Benutzung dieser Website (einschließlich Ihrer IP-Adresse) wird an einen Server von Squarespace in den USA übertragen und dort gespeichert. Squarespace wird diese Informationen benutzen, um Ihre Nutzung der Website auszuwerten, um Reports über die Websiteaktivitäten für die Websitebetreiber zusammenzustellen und um weitere mit der Websitenutzung und der Internetnutzung verbundene Dienstleistungen zu erbringen. Auch wird Squarespace diese Informationen gegebenenfalls an Dritte übertragen, sofern dies gesetzlich vorgeschrieben oder soweit Dritte diese Daten im Auftrag von Squarespace verarbeiten.
Durch die Nutzung dieser Website erklären Sie sich mit der Bearbeitung der über Sie erhobenen Daten durch Squarespace in der zuvor beschriebenen Art und Weise und zu dem zuvor benannten Zweck einverstanden. Mehr Informationen über die Datenschutzbestimmungen von Squarespace finden Sie unter www.squarespace.com/privacy
Sie können Ihren Browser so einstellen, dass Sie über das Setzen von Cookies informiert werden und Cookies nur im Einzelfall erlauben, die Annahme von Cookies für bestimmte Fälle oder generell ausschließen sowie das automatische Löschen der Cookies beim Schließen des Browser aktivieren. Bei der Deaktivierung von Cookies kann die Funktionalität dieser Website eingeschränkt sein. Cookies, die zur Durchführung des elektronischen Kommunikationsvorgangs oder zur Bereitstellung bestimmter, von Ihnen erwünschter Funktionen (z.B. Warenkorbfunktion) erforderlich sind, werden auf Grundlage von Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO gespeichert. Der Websitebetreiber hat ein berechtigtes Interesse an der Speicherung von Cookies zur technisch fehlerfreien und optimierten Bereitstellung seiner Dienste.
(11) Use of Facebook remarketing (‘Facebook button’) Our website contains if it the case from time to time the ‘Custom Audiences’ remarketing function provided by Facebook Inc. (‘Facebook’). This function is used to present interest-based advertising (‘Facebook ads’) to visitors of this website when they visit the Facebook social network. To enable this function, the Facebook remarketing tag has been implemented on this website. This tag establishes a direct connection to Facebook’s servers when you visit this website. Data concerning your visit of this website is transferred to Facebook’s servers over the connection and Facebook then matches this information with your personal Facebook account. You can find more information about data collection and use by Facebook and your rights and options for guarding your privacy by reading Facebook’s Data Policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Alternatively, you can deactivate the ‘Custom Audiences’ remarketing function at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_. You must be logged on to Facebook to deactivate the function.
4. Other functions and offerings of our website
(1) Alongside usage of this website purely for informational purposes, we also offer various services that you may use if you are interested. For these you will usually need to enter personal data that we will use to provide the respective service and that will be subject to the policies regarding data processing as described above.
(2) We make partial use of external service providers to process your data. We select and contract these providers carefully, and they are legally obliged to follow our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may share your personal data with third parties when we offer participation in campaigns (competitions, new contracts or similar services jointly with our partners. You can find more detailed information about this when you enter your personal data or at the bottom of the specific details for each offer.
(4) Where our service providers or partners are based in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of their location in the specific description for each offer.
(1) By giving your consent, you can subscribe via Website or via shop to our newsletter (e.g. link …)) where we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are each named in the consent statement for the newsletter.
(2) We use the double opt-in method for registrations for our newsletter. This means that after you register we send the provided email address an email asking for confirmation that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information will be locked and automatically erased after one month. In addition, we and/or or newsletter provider mailchimp (see below)save the IP addresses used by you and the times of registration and confirmation. This method is used to provide evidence of your registration and, if necessary, clarify any misuse of your personal data.
Wir verwenden zum Versand unseres Newsletters den Listenprovider MailChimp. MailChimp ist ein Angebot der The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Ste 404 Atlanta, GA 30318. Unser Anbieter Mailchimp betreibt Server in den USA in Achtung des neuen europäischen Datenschutzrechts (mehr zu Datenschutz bei Mailchimp).
MailChimp bietet umfangreiche Analysemöglichkeiten darüber, wie unsere Newsletter geöffnet und benutzt werden. Diese Analysen sind Gruppenbezogen und werden von uns nicht zur individuellen Auswertung verwendet. MailChimp verwendet darüber hinaus das Analysetool Google Analytics. Weitere Informationen zu MailChimp und dem Datenschutz bei MailChimp finden Sie hier: mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Die Nutzung von MailChimp mit dem wir einen Datenauftragsverarbeitungsvertrag gem. Art 28 DSGVO abgeschlossen haben erfolgt auf Grundlage Ihrer berechtigten Interessen am effizienten und sicheren E-Mail-Versand unseres Newsletters (Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO).
Mailchimp speichert Ihre E-Mailadresse, Ihre IP-Adresse und den Zeitpunkt Ihrer Anmeldung, damit wir Ihre Zustimmung zur Anmeldung dokumentieren können. Diese Daten werden für den Zeitraum Ihres Newsletter-Abonnements gespeichert und gelöscht, sobald Sie ihn abbestellen
(3) The only information that is required for us to send the newsletter is your email address. You may provide other, separately marked data voluntarily so that we can address you by name. After you confirm, we store your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal grounds for this are provided in GDPR art. 6(1)(a).
(4) You can cancel your newsletter subscription at any time. You can do so by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a message using the contact details provided in our Legal Notice.